Thread: Stock final
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 08:54 PM   #10
djm670

Liked 175 Times in 45 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Stock final

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Shaw View Post
Winner had the worst red light, broke out and still won. I know it's the first red light rule but it just does not seem right to me.
Bob, I most often agree with you but not with regards to this issue. This has been the rule in stock racing for most of the years you and I raced. One of the disadvantages of having the slower car. And an advantage for the quicker one. Everyone knows it.

I doubt you would give a race back to the much quicker car if he spun badly leaving and because of that couldn't catch you..

Having run cars all over the spectrum, from Doolittles Comet to A and B stock automatics; know full well some of the advantages and disadvantages to either end. Personally, think F thru C classes are about optimum, as they don't often fry the tires and yet you are chasing most so the other guy can red light first and you can see him and the finish line as you approach it.

Congratulations Craig Maddox on your first stock Eliminator Win, wish you many more of them! You were driving super! And the car was super consistant! Proud of your accomplishments and loved your few minutes of interview fame.
djm670 is offline   Reply With Quote