View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 01:13 AM   #12
Torque addict

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: challenge stock super stock in canada

Don and All Stock SuperStock Racers;

YES the "Stock SuperStock Challenge: The INDY Alternative" is ON at Napierville as Mat mentioned.
The event is held on the Sunday of Labour Day weekend.
We will get Napierville staff to update their website and give deatils of the S & SS Challenge!

Thsi is a FUN event with a Solid Payout that keeps getting better. With High Gas prices the event provides a clear alternative to Indy for any eastern/Northeast racer.

The FOCUS is on Stock SuperStock and Ya, Ya there will be bracket Racing there that weekend there BUT ask those who have run this event and I think you will hear postive things from them about treatment of racers, payouts, track prep and the FUN atmosphere the main promoters and myself put into this event.
It is really WORTH a look, better yet it is worth the TOW!

FYI....
I pointed this out on the "If Wally was not dead, this would have killed him" thread On July 22. See the "cut & Paste" below.........................................

BTW....

For those of you who find the rules change with no rhyme or reason by NHRA every time you want to go to the races...there ARE alternatives.

4 years ago, fed Up with BS and long tows for 2-3 runs and a paltry purse at the US Nationads a group of racers decided to take ACTION instesd of whining.

The STOCK / SuperStock Challenge race : The INDY Alternative.

The race is a one day deal with the FOCUS on a Stock & SuperStock combo elimnator and is run on Labour Day weekend.
The past 3 years it was run at Sanair but track Management gremlins have made it necessary to run at another Montreal area track this year, Napierville Dragway.

There is a good purse, lots of side prizes and it is a LOT of fun.

It is organized by Stock racer (A/SA) Michel Cote of Magnum Performance with support and help from Mike McCollum (E/SA) of McCollum Racing Entreprises and general hype from your truly ( Derek Goldthorp, editor of the defunct Torque and RPM.com).

Event Run By Racers for Racers.

HEY...do not take MY word for it ask some former winners:

Dave Casey
Greg Gay
Cantusi Racing

...a note about Napierville, a basic track with a lot of SOUK.
The recent NED National Open was won by Stock racer Adam Strang.
Ask Him about the track and when the field was short they STILL paid $4,000 to the winner (Adam).

It leaves me asking the question... WHY do people that complain about racing and not enough good paying events NOT get out and RACE???
If there was a full field, there would have been a $5,000 payout!!
Come on.... MORE than enough to cover the high gas prices that we all face.

RACERS...this is your call out!
If you do not show, you lose the right to complain.

So go to Indy OR the INDY alternative this year BUT please, get out and RACE!!

Cheers;

Derek
Torque addict is offline   Reply With Quote