View Single Post
Old 10-31-2016, 09:30 PM   #12
cmallory96

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Red face Re: Sportsman Racing, Making A Living!!!

I've thought about this a lot myself, too. Luckily, I have no attachments (i.e. significant other, or kids), I work hellacious hours at my job, so the overtime helps during the winter season when there's no racing. People tell me, "You should go back to school and make something of yourself, and do something with your life." Sorry, but I'm just not about the college life, nor the college type. I'd get burned out super easily on it because of my short attention span when it comes to that kind of stuff lol. "Education is important, but race cars are more important-er." I just prefer to race cars. I think working as a mechanic for the last 2 1/2 years as well, would benefit me in the long run because I'd be able to handle a break down myself, when bad luck decides to strike.

As for living as a nomad... Honestly, with all of the cool gadgets and gizmos these days the camping industry comes out with every year, hell, I wouldn't mind sleeping in a sleeping bag/cot at every race. Can't beat a good topper on a truck if the weather decides to be inclement!

My main concern though, is keeping my car consistent, and being consistent as a driver.
cmallory96 is offline   Reply With Quote