View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 08:41 PM   #13
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts
Default Re: WCFB carb problem. Oil pressure ?

I ran dual WCFBs on my '56 many years ago. I ran rear floats in the front as well. They had the "notched" place in the bottoms, used to have needles & seat assemblies made here in Tulsa, Parker Brothers, that had flat "needles", not tapered. They were open, or closed. They made me a set with a .150" orifice. We had no Holley pumps, nor adjustable fuel pressure regulators I knew of. I put a second Stewart Warner fuel pump on it, with them plumbed parallel. Zero gain. Tried them in series, pegged my hand held shop fuel pressure gauge. This was after we had to go Super Stock (they did away with lower Stock classes at one time.) I could not stop flooding that way, but it was faster.
I finally ran separate wires to one fuel pump. Turned it on with a "universal starter button" under my accelerator pedal. Picked my car up. I could not run more than 8 psi with no flossing, with what we had for needle & seats back then. Parker Brothers handled more than anything else I could find. I also used them in customer's early Quadrajets.