View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 02:54 PM   #24
Ron Ortiz

Liked 255 Times in 87 Posts
Default Re: Interesting or Funny Car Stories

Back in 1996 when I got married to Cindy, I had noticed a rat in the race car that was parked under the house in a huge garage. I couldn't get the damn thing out so she suggested that I put her cat in the garage to get the rodent. I didn't want to do that fearing that the cat would tear up the inside of the race car, but did it anyway. Several day later while working in the yard the cat got spooked by something and burst out running and crossed the road, where a car came by and hit it, and killed the cat right in front of one of Cindy's daughters. It was a tragedy for her.

About two weeks later I was making my first time trial for a divisional race in Orlando. I reached over and grabbed my helmet from the floorboard and put it on. POW, what was that smell inside my helmet as I ripped it off my head. looked inside and nothing, smelled it again and realized that it was cat spray, I was so pissed off, jumped out of the car hollering "I want to kill the that freaking cat...... Oh I can't, it is already dead"

At least the rat was gone.

Ron Ortiz
U/SA pissed off, not on