View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 01:06 PM   #29
Mike Gray

Liked 498 Times in 134 Posts
Default Re: Front tire pressure adjustments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone View Post
Okay, if you're not blocking or blinding, let's leave that for another day.
Now, by your own description, you're swinging across .000 by about 35 thou.
So let's say you slow your vehicle reaction down .035. Your - .020 now becomes a +.015
Great.
But what happens when you hit what used to be a +.015? It now becomes a + .050.
Not going to win too many that way either.
My friend, I think you need to work on something other than the car right now.
Just my opinion. I don't consider myself to be a bracket racer. I did win a couple of track championships, but I think I'll let the experts take it from here.
Later ,we can get back to the technical items.

Good advise here. Your car if set up the same each run is going to react in just about the same amount of time each run, the variable is the driver. I worked my super gas car down to decent repeatable lights on a Pro tree. I then ran it in super street and was consistently early. (I needed to adjust the car to the slower light) That was accomplished with making changes to the car. Then I went and ran some full tree classes and I was all over the place. The car was still the same and I knew it could cut decent lights on either Pro tree. The difference in the full tree races was squarely with the driver, me. I needed to find a way for the driver to be better at reacting to the full tree, blocking or leaving on the top bulb are some of the ways to accomplish that.

Last edited by Mike Gray; 05-17-2018 at 01:09 PM.
Mike Gray is offline   Reply With Quote