View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 12:51 AM   #10
Lew Silverman
VIP Member

Liked 129 Times in 59 Posts
Unhappy Re: IHRA Ends Stock & Super Stock Racing

This isn't the worst news I've heard in the last few months, but it's pretty darn close! I know I'm not the only one who thought that after this year's "no-divisional experiment" the powers that be would have realized how important the local programs were, and "tweaked" their business model to bring back the format we've all gotten used to, but sadly they've given up on "true" class racers altogether. I know I supported the IHRA when I was able to, and remained loyal through all the many changes throughout the years, but I NEVER imagined that they would give up on me (us)! Unfortunately, sadly, I can understand why these decisions always come down to money (everything revolves around it, after all!), but why are these changes only discussed in some boardroom somewhere, and then handed down like some death sentence with no hope of reprieve? Would it have been that much harder to communicate the "inevitability" of this sweeping change to the members (we are still an "association" aren't we?), instead of the way the edict came down? They owed us that much, didn't they? I truly hope that this "re-imagining" of what the IHRA is supposed to look like will be a success, if for no other reason then the welfare and livelihood of the folks who continue to run the show week in and week out.

Get out there and support your local Stock/Super Stock Assn if your program is an "IHRA only" combination, they all run a great show. The NMCA, as folks have mentioned, is another great opportunity to get yourself out in front of an appreciative audience, doing what you love! And who knows, maybe there will be other places we will be welcomed from time-to-time, after all, "Stranger Things Have Happened"!
Lew Silverman #2070
"The Wagon Master" N/SA
Lew Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote