View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 05:22 PM   #10
Bob Mulry
VIP Member

Liked 321 Times in 101 Posts
Default Re: Crew Help wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Norton View Post
If the track's response to yesterday's car count is any indication, you'll be lucky to get two runs in two days. With that in mind, it would be advisable to be there EARLY, be prepared to stay LATE, and expect to stand in agonizingly interminable lines at tech, at credentials, and wait through very slow response to on-track problems. A part of the problem appeared to be problems related to poor car prep with breakage, leakage, and equipment problems. But then, the track response to issues that arose was not swift. I watched one poor soul whose job it was to hand-mop the track surface make multiple trips between the starting line and the 330' cone within the course of an hour. That's not considering the late morning hours during which the track limited the runs to 1/8 mile only due to gusting crosswinds.

As a casual observer, I would compare the day to one that might be experienced by a big-box department store that slashed prices by 50% and then gave half the staff a day off. It's the old problem of trying to stuff ten pounds of mud into a shoebox.

Good luck, see you there.

c

Big Boy,

I thought that was the natural order of things?????

Bob