View Single Post
Old 09-24-2019, 07:15 AM   #38
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts
Default Re: ONAN Marquis Gold 7000 Gas

The newer machines in the last few years have had odd carburetor problems that I never saw before.

Random issues with stalling. When it gets real bad gas just pours out the carb.

Float appears darker but does not have fuel inside it. It gets heavy and sinks and floods.

Last week I spent a good 2 hours on a machine that would run for a few minutes and just shut off. I chased it changing various components and a new carb fixed it. They have a solenoid on them to shut fuel flow off thru the main jet. The solenoid was causing issues with feedback to the control board.

I always say there is nothing one of these machines can do that I haven't seen......that was a completely new one and the carb issues have been also hard to diagnose.

I lost a customer over that one probably....A girl had repeated issues and no matter what it never failed for me when I tested the machine.

Ethanol creates a gunk different than fuel used to create if it sat. Used to be gummy varnish in reg fuel. Ethanol leaves a greenish, yellow sugary like substance. Both will cause big problems......

My son was/is a motorcycle person since forever. He used an ultrasonic cleaner for carbs...…..I never have seen or used one myself for carbs.

On generators I replace them most of the time.....waste to much time trying to clean an old one and most of the time it takes numerous tries to get it working decent....