Thread: SS Modified
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2015, 03:40 PM   #33
Mike Mans

Liked 300 Times in 48 Posts
Default Re: SS Modified

We can completely understand where you are coming from on the cost to try and be fast. Obviously we put forth a very aggressive effort to be fast, and no matter what class or category you compete in - it costs time and money to try and be at the top of any of them. But, that being said you guys (Randy Wilson) had a good car and combo to go out and run -.60-70 and be competitive on race day!

I don't really have a preference on whether a NEW class should be added or not with a spec type head. It doesn't make a ton of sense to me, but at the end of the day it doesn't hurt anyone either. We are both on the same page that it doesn't seem right to make a big rule shift to a class that already has a good number of competitors - and many of them are putting a lot of time and money into their combinations.

At the end of the day, Super Stock is not a budget class if you have intentions of being fast. Plain and simple. Traditional Super Stock, GT and Modified all have areas that big money will be spent in an effort to be the leader. But I bet you can count on one hand the number of times the #1 qualifiers won races this year. Proving once again you don't have to be fast to do what we all come out for every week.

Mike
Mike Mans is offline   Reply With Quote