View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 11:50 PM   #15
Bernie Cunningham

Liked 52 Times in 17 Posts
Default Re: Question for Jeff Foster and Dave Kommel

I've been bitten by the camera flash thing a few times, once at Bakersfield points race in the final and I was chasing a slower car, the perp. was on my opponents side of the track and before the 60' clocks. That flash shot straight thru the tree into my face. Me and him had a few words afterwards !! Mike R was involved in the discussions as well.
NO RE-RUN !!!!!!!!!!!!

The other significant time was in the final at Atlanta Nat., I was driving pretty good but I got a red against me in the semi's and my tree was off, at that point ya gotta blow it off but the same thing happened in the final with a more slower car and I sucked again, even mentioned it in the winners story in ND. Wasn't until I got the ND that I noticed the shot of Scott H's Q car leaving with a shot from behind that i understood the problem that time. There was more than one flash that time !!

Sorry Dave, but Toby is right, there should not be any flash photography until both cars leave. Even with the slightest chance of the flash being seen by any driver, where does it say that a photographer should be able to control the outcome of a race !! NUFF SAID !!!