View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 06:13 AM   #29
jmknights

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Lebanon Valley Flooded

The Valley will be ready for racing Weds night and for Friday nights "NIGHT OF FIRE"... I spent time w/Steve Gay and Ed Moran yesterday to get insite on where they stood in cleanup. Steve was cleaning the track w/the tenant machine... And expected to have it done yesterday. Yes there is mud everywhere but was drying as my wife and I drove around and Howard told me he will be ready! I can't post any more photos because the photos I put up on the dragway website from Scott Hall caused some to think Lebanon would be closed for the rest of the year....Btw, I take care of the website with Sue Bell's help delivering me info for posting. I'm the photographer for those who don't know me...Barriers down track are back in place, staging lanes and quarter mile are clean of debry and mud. And as mentioned Steve was washing the strip yesterday. The hole at the fuel depot was filled when we got there yesterday new drainage pipe was being put in place.
There should be no doubt in anyones mind that they will be ready!

I can't even tell you who bad we feel about those race cars that got trashed by the water. My wife I spend hours on the track in hot sun and freezing cold, and sometimes to 10:30 to 11:00PM in the winners circle for the racers because they make us feel like family. God knows it's not for the money. If we can use dragways website to keep all up to date on racers needing help as suggested by Ray Stanton. I will do anything to help make that happen..
And please thank Howard and crew for the countless hours spending on the cleanup. 10 inches of rain@!!
Jim & Diane Knights
jmknights is offline   Reply With Quote