View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 05:12 AM   #28
ScottHall

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Lebanon Valley Flooded

Wayne and I talked last night about the Friday Night show.
Originally the track wanted 8 of the fastest cars we could get to show up.
Last weekend we had planned on making plans and talking to Top Dragster racers and getting 10 or cars up there friday night.
Wayne spoke with Howard and let him know that himself, and others, including myself, will not be attending.
Between not giving guys enough time to plan, and the questions that no one can answer about the track conditions in race mode, we don't feel it right to bring in racers to even run 1/8th mile, if the conditions are not perfect.
We have no doubts about Howard and Steves ability to have the place up and running. But this economy has caused many of us to have a little more "thoughtfulness" about how bad we really want to race sometimes.
Our intentions originally where to gave a group of cars that would run from 6.50's to low 7.1's in a 8 car field. Running 4.20's at 165 mph is just as hairy on a decent track that has lots of time on it.
Wayne and I have been behind LVD all year, and are in the process of resceduling the final weekend of Top Dragster so we can finish of the season correctly.
I would hope that anyone would understand our decision to wait it out and give LVD a few events to get everything back to normal.
I'm sure that the track will still have room for anyone who still wants to run fast on friday night, and advise you to call the track and get information concerning this.
The LVD Top Dragster Series will be announcing the make up weekend as soon as we can find a date that works.

-Scott Hall
ScottHall is offline   Reply With Quote