View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 07:37 PM   #25
Dave Steltz

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Lebanon Valley Flooded

Ok fans here is some first hand info...I drove up tonight and walked the grounds, and took some photos for myself, and I spoke with Howard for about 15-20 minutes..

First let me tell you, unless you have been there, or experienced a real flood first hand, you cannot imagine the damage that water can do....there was alot of damage done and no one shoudd think that it just got "wet"...

Now for the good news...the track is CLEAN and the return road is CLEAN and the staging lanes are about 85% cleaned up...I am truly amazed how good it looks for what it must have been..From what I understand they are going to try to get street night in on wednesday and that will give us a good gauge of what the track is like, but I gotta tell you if you didnt see the rest of the facility you wouldnt really know that it was flooded...Steve and some guys were working on finishing up the clocks, lights, etc, and the score boards were lit up and the lights were working at the starting line...

Some of the paved pit areas are starting to clean up, there must have been what looked like 6 inches of mud on it at one time, and they are going to start in the morning sweeping up and then washing down the pavement...

I gotta tell ya, unless something crazy happens, it looks like this weekend will happen...If what I saw tonight is any gauge of the rest of the week, we will be racing on a great track once again this weekend...
I am planning on showing up on Friday afternoon for the Night of Fire, and lets all hope that the rest of the cleanup goes well...

A HUGE THANKS TO HOWARD AND CREW, FOR WORKING THEIR BUTTS OFF GETTING OUR TRACK FIXED UP... I cant say enough, but I made sure I thank Howard tonight when I saw him...
Please if you are a LVD racer stop up and do the same....

Last edited by Dave Steltz; 08-04-2009 at 07:13 AM.
Dave Steltz is offline   Reply With Quote