View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 09:16 AM   #30
NHRA1285

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Generator Questions and Answers, by R&J Control Inc

Hi, I have a good one. 2002 Journey DL with a Onan 7500 Quiet Diesel. A few months ago it quit while running normally. I tried to restart but would just try to run against he starter. I changed out the fuel filter not knowing when it was last done and it started ran fine.
Fast forward to last week. I was giving it some routine exercise at the shop. Ran it for about an hour. Once again it quit while running nomally. Tried to restart, same syptoms. Just for giggles I changed the fuel filter. It tried to run against the starter but that was it. I packed it in for the day.
As you know when you first push to start the fuel pump runs momentarily then the starter engages. Now the pump clicks once and a second fainter click is heard under the dash and that is it. No roll over. I checked the codes. First is a 3. Second level is a 17 to which is not in my manual.
A few questions. Any idea as to what is going on? It looks to me like the gen has to come out through the bottom of the coach for any type of in depth service. Am I right?
And lastly how much of a PITA is that job? Thank you for your time. I do appreciate it. Holgar
NHRA1285 is offline   Reply With Quote