View Single Post
Old 02-17-2020, 08:31 PM   #19
kirk

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Amzoil engine oil

I have used amsoil in my snowmobile and motorcycle engines for years without any problems. I even had them warranty a gallon jug that split on the seam. Stand up company. Never any issues in these vehicles.
I tried the Dominator 10-30 in my race car and here is my story.
I had been using Red Line 5-30 in my FE for at least 10 years, my amsoil rep
gave me a great deal on a case of the Dominator 10-30 to try. I put it in the car
and only made one test and tune all year(3passes). My garage is climate controlled,
With no Humidity issues so I left it in the car until spring. I also run VP fuel, and when I went to drain the fuel and the oil the following spring, the oil came out in Clumps, with some rust coloring mixed in. I had etching inside the pan, but no other ill effects thankfully ..... still have 6 quarfs of amsoil on the shelf probably 7 years old. I have a full size cooling system in my car, usually stage around 140 degrees an get back to pits around 180-190 degrees so hopefully it was warm enough. Dont know how warn the oil gets, unfortunately.
Some kind of chemical reaction, with the fuel, or between different oils absolutely caused an issue for me . I never leave synthetic oil in my cars when they go in storage now

Kirk
kirk is offline   Reply With Quote