View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 11:36 AM   #9
Tracy Robbins

Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts
Default Re: Farmington Sept 9th and 10th

Thanks to everyone that was able to attend this past weekend at Farmington. It was a beautiful weekend for racing w/ great competition as usual. Our car count suffered a little, as Drake has commented on, in part due to the gear jammers race in Fayetteville and the stick shift race at Elk Creek both held on Saturday. I appreciate the stick racers coming on Sunday as the western part of NC has a huge number of gear jammers and they add a lot to the program. In addition, a huge thanks goes out to Leigh Anne Flynt as she coordinated the event w/ Farmington as well as the extra "perks" including the free dash for cash and the coupons from Hank Thomas for free 5 gallon pails of Sunoco fuel. Also, the track contributed extra money on Saturday's race to pay semi's, thanks to Farmington dragway and the staff.
I would like to congratulate Larry Leazer and Greg Viscome on their win and runner up Saturday and the legendary Mike Boyles for his win on Sunday. I was fortunate to make a final round appearance for the first time in quite a while and come away w/ the runner up on Sunday. I hope to see you all at Fayetteville for our next CCRA race on October 21st and 22nd!