View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 03:48 PM   #13
Ronnie Smith Jr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Golf cart fueling issues

On our way back from Philly today we stopped at Bass Pro Shops and picked up a primer bulb. Installed, pumped and primed all the way to the carb. Still would not fire up. Disconnected the line from the pump to the carb and shot compressed air into the line a couple of times - thinking the seat and/or needle may have been stuck closed. Hooked everything back up, primed to the carb and it fired right up. Continued to run for a while to insure it was not just the fuel in the carb or line. Disconnected the primer bulb and hooked the lines back up conventionally and it fired back up and ran without issue. Let it set for a short time period, cleaned the battery terminals and cleaned up the tools. It fired up again and I loaded into the trailer. Seems as if it has been cured.

Darrin - Thanks for the primer bulb suggestion. Gotta love those Chevy II's...

Thanks again to all who provided suggestions. I hope this thread can help someone else who may have fueling issues in the future. I think I will keep the old fuel pump as a spare. I'm not 100% sure the pump was the issue.

Ronnie, Jr.
Ronnie Smith Jr is offline   Reply With Quote