Thread: Ccra rules
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 10:39 AM   #8
chris3racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ccra rules

First, we are not an official member of this organization and do not have any rights to comment on your rules. Second, I have been building and racing drag race cars for over 40 years. We have a car which was built by NHRA and IHRA rule books, with one exception, for super stock. The car is raced at local track events and some nationally advertised and televised events, that we won't dwell on here to save arguement.

Our family has discussed every year getting involved with racing the super stock races, not only this group but other groups on the east coast. Remove the exception and our car is ready to race as a superstocker. We have sponsors and we race, as a family, almost every other week-end. As hard as money is to come by, I do not plan to spend my sponsors money to go to a national event, paying what would amount to possibly four (4) week-ends of racing closer to home, just so I can say my car raced "last August" as a "super stock" car. That being said, with the addition of some new classes of racing at some divisional events, we may race at couple of divisional races. If the car raced two weeks ago as a legal "super stocker", does that necessarily make it legal today? We are going to try to support you folks this year. If this type of greeting is what car owners have gotten in the past, from any group, and are going to get when they come out, there is no wonder that few cars participate. Heavens sakes lighten up, get together and race cars that don't fit will separate out.

I would like to see more cars and more spectators. I hope that the track owners would look at promotion of the event in ways other that on the internet sites. As I have previously posted, there are people that we meet that do not even know there are still drag strips in North Carolina and that they race every week-end. Remember the days of radio ads of Sunday, Sunday, Sanford Drag Strip, Person County Dragway, Piedmont Dragway see "Gold Finger" Chevelle take on the "Rapid Rocket" Oldsmobile, the "El Toro" Pontiac and the list was long.
chris3racing is offline   Reply With Quote