View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 04:19 PM   #4
CrateCamaro

Liked 19 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: Could we have reached the point of no return?

Frank I agree 100%

The staff at TMP is definitly top notch and we do get respect from them on a certain level but the track is showing some age. When I asked a track official who takes care of the timing system he said he didnt know....wrong answer. Now all the skill and experience that we have on that track (where most of us have sharpened our teeth) is out the door because of "lazy beams" and a malfunctioning timing equipment. I feel that this should be taken care of asap. Because we support that track, and so do alot of other racers and classes, I feel that the track should step up to the plate. Clean the place up and fix what needs to be fixed....never mind bs.

Unfortunatly I believe that the track employees are hand cuffed. The owner needs to hear about all this as well. Its going to be his decision at the end of the day. They lost NHRA....they lost IHRA....now we have nothing. There is no reason why we cant have an IHRA divisional race there.

If we want something done we will have to start a petition or have a sit down with the big dogs and see what we can do. They have a chance to be a top notch place but when the timing equipment isnt working we might as well go back to flag starts and stop watches.
CrateCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote