View Single Post
Old 04-12-2016, 06:31 PM   #9
bnsfmachinist

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Lazy off the line

I appreciate the suggestion! I'm new to actively participating in this sport and this is my first purpose built drag engine. The car is going together as a bracket car with the hopes to build it into a SS/GT car. I've got a long road ahead of me filled with successes, failures and setbacks! But I'm passionate about the sport, I've grown up in a weekend warrior family and I'm finally at a point in my life to where I'm able to participate!

Anyway back to technical aspects!

I will certainly do a cranking compression test, I'm interested in the points you bring up. I got the heads from my dad who had them ported back in the 80's by AFR, I don't have the flow chart in front of me but I want to say they flow in the neighborhood of 400cfm @ .700 on the intake and 350 on the exhaust? I haven't looked at that chart in a while but I know they're big numbers. So, I figured a big set of heads is going to want a lot of air and fuel, so thus picked out a pretty big solid cam. The rest of the build follows what seems to be a pretty typical 351c mild/moderate build based upon browsing 351c.net and other ford forums.

Again, I'm new into this world of engine building so I more than appreciate advice, pointers and suggestions. I'll get on that compression test when I get an opportunity. I'm a Union Ironworker 40+ hours a week, husband and father of 3 24/7, ain't always easy to get out in the garage these days!

Thanks again guys!
bnsfmachinist is offline   Reply With Quote