View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 08:24 PM   #669
Todd Hoven
VIP Member

Liked 720 Times in 151 Posts
Default Re: Crate Motor Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by PozQB14 View Post
You have proven my point. IHRA had very specific requirements for what you can run on a crate motor engine. We're all waiting to see the weight breaks and new indexes but each combo has it's own cam, piston ect...specs.
It's ok to have an opinion, but do some research before you diminish a type of engine that someone chooses to run. Being from D1 which is a great division with tons of fast impressive cars, you don't need to worry about what's going on in D2 if it doesn't suit your style. It takes a special kind of person to come on here and try to trash someone's choice of engine/car combination.
I just want to know why these are being allowed in NHRA? Is it the official position? Is this a backdoor way to try and get these cars accepted?
Where can I look up the specs for these? Will they be held to the same standard of tech the traditional stockers are? Will the NHRA tech be trained or informed to properly tech these?
I bashed no one, if you have a car that was built for a sanctioning body and class that is defunct I’d say you have some tough choices. But if this is happening so be it. So if I travel down to div 2 races at the end of the year, and I don’t want to get drug down the track by a 9 second Duster in D/SA, I can put a SBC in my 68 Firebird call it CM and I’m good? Just wondering