View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 07:30 PM   #667
PozQB14

Liked 42 Times in 17 Posts
Default Re: Crate Motor Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Hoven View Post
My input is my thoughts and opinion. I'm a division 1 stock racer. So does that mean that If I want I can put a Chevy bracket engine in my Firebird and call it a crate engine and run Div 2 I can? Do they have engine parameters and specs? Will they be subject to heads up races?
I have no problem with them being included in S/SS races. But official NHRA races, thats pushing it some.
What is relevant input? If I'm for this than that's ok? Next lets let the purestock cars in next? I guess if they need cars have at it.

Right Super Street cars that go 150 miles an hr? That's entry level. Sounds like slower version of Super Gas.
You have proven my point. IHRA had very specific requirements for what you can run on a crate motor engine. We're all waiting to see the weight breaks and new indexes but each combo has it's own cam, piston ect...specs.
It's ok to have an opinion, but do some research before you diminish a type of engine that someone chooses to run. Being from D1 which is a great division with tons of fast impressive cars, you don't need to worry about what's going on in D2 if it doesn't suit your style. It takes a special kind of person to come on here and try to trash someone's choice of engine/car combination.
PozQB14 is offline   Reply With Quote