View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 12:40 PM   #30
Ellis V Buth

Liked 290 Times in 56 Posts
Default Re: You can't bracket race a Super Stocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1529 View Post
I know why it is done, but the title of this thread is you can't bracket race a super stocker (or Stocker). Racer's can't deep stage when class racing, so I was asking why someone would feel the need to deep stage their class car when they go to bracket race.
My take on it...and I'm not a deep stager typically nor am I Jamie Southards so take it as simply my opinion:

When you go to one of these races, you're taking a bracket car. Period. If its your street truck...your SS/AH...your W/S Pinto Wagon the race you chose to attend that weekend is not a class race and therefore the rules of class racing don't apply. Since deep staging is allowed, and Jamie felt that was the best strategy for success for that combination on that weekend, my guess is that's why the car was deep staged.

Any time I go racing...no matter if its stock, a big money bracket race, or sportsman in my I6 F150...I try my best to know what the rules allow me to do and set up to be as competitive as possible within those rules. If that means deep staging when the rules allow (obviously not when racing stock), I'll adopt that strategy. No need to "conventional" stage at a race where the rules allow deep staging if I feel my best setup is deep "just because I'm in a class car"
Ellis V Buth is offline   Reply With Quote