View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 10:54 PM   #26
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: Single channel O2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Ashley View Post
I have racers call and ask what number to look for and I tell them there's no magic number for everyone. I have customers that range from 12.8 to 13.6 each with fast cars. When you get a wide band Dan, you'll need to go to a test session and work on calibrating your Q-Jet to run the fastest and that will be your "Sweet Spot". Then when you get in different weather conditions your wide band will tell you if you need to lean or fatten it up.
x2! I'm brand spankin' new to EFI, just off my 3rd weekend out. Even if someone runs the same combination as you, there can be something different in either the data collection (type or location of the sensor) or other variables that make things radically different. Ultimately, you have to listen to what the car is telling you on the race track to determine what A/F ratio works best for YOUR setup. Took me til 1st round of eliminations this weekend to figure that out! LOL In the ballpark now, though. I still have a TON of learning to do. One of my issues right now is that I have no basis for what the numbers mean relative to each other. Is half a point in A/F ratio a lot, .25, or is a full point a big swing? Along the same line, I'll need to figure out how much change a single number or single percentage point on the fuel table really is.