View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 10:40 PM   #5109
Liteweight
VIP Member

Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts
Default Re: Original hemi dart information

Been an interesting day. Came across this one. At first I thought it was a clone car till I looked at the display stand in the second picture.LO23M8B297899
There's a few things that I found interesting in this post that came up. Time span of this was a Wisconsin Car show Aug.1991\
. Also when you read the display sign the owner of the car lists it as 1 of 80. This is interesting because it validates the owner knows the amount of cars built. ALOT of people think even today there were only 50 built. Even owners of these cars are of that belief today. To know there were 80 back in 1991, the owner was educated in these things.
Just by chance a fellow who was parked beside this Dart showing his car, at this show by the name of Scott Buckley, started making replies on this thread about that show,that Dart, and its owner Clinton Johnson Jr.. Apparently Clinton did a lot of street racing with this car up in Chicago. I asked Scott to stop by and share some of those stories here. Sounds like those conversations were very interesting.
I asked Scott if he knew what happened with this car after. He replied that he never heard anything of it or the owner after that show in 1987.
Now, if you look at the last picture on this post you will find a list of winners for that particular show. Scott won 1st place with his 69 cuda while Clinton with the Hemi Dart won 2nd.
Now if you go to the next post below you will find the Trophy that Scott won at that show in 1991. The one with that Ole Red Dart of Tim Hennessey from a picture at Mopar Nats in 87 on the front of that trophy.

Does anyone recognize this orange Dart. Mark Janaky or Dell Jones?? Is this a real one or is another one I'm thinking it might be that showed up at a race track in Ohio around that time. If so what car these numbers come from?

liteweight

Last edited by Liteweight; 02-12-2018 at 11:13 AM.
Liteweight is offline   Reply With Quote