View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 12:39 PM   #5102
Liteweight
VIP Member

Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts
Default Re: Original hemi dart information

ssswede

You make valid possibilitys for sure. Always open to new set of eyes and possilities.
If you remember Hodges restoration on Vankes Barracuda it also had a grey primer engine compartment. BUT this car was painted in the other cars paint scheme he had. Not the scheme this one had laid on it when Arlen owned it.
I doubt any of these cars seen any kind of paint booth after they left Chrysler. I'm thinking the employees loaded up a paint gun wherever the car was at that particular time, gave the area a quick wipe down with the rag they had in they're back pocket and then pulled the trigger. I'm thinking there were no specific painters there that did only paint but rather the same person who was working on that particular car at that particular time when it needed that job done to it. You gotta remember this was not a factory assembly line where everything was done (for the most part) the same. These things were all hand modified and as such some were probably done with more finese than others were depending on the guy working on them. I am sure there are no 2 that left Hurst exactly the same. Yup they were crude no doubt.
Funny thing...... this is a few of the reasons why I think they are so cool today

liteweight
Liteweight is offline   Reply With Quote