View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 02:37 PM   #12
kdanner

Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts
Default Re: Ford EEC IV computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench Racer View Post
While at work I did look at the ECM and it has a catch code of MOM2. When I googled this I got a hit on a ranger with a 3.0??
Hi Don. Correct, MOM2 is a California calibration for a 1996 Ranger 3.0 with a 4R44E trans. Hardware type will also be on the PCM decal, which is ML2-111. Same hardware also used in 96 for 4.0 Rangers with 4R55E trans, with a different calibration of course.

EDIT: Was really pondering how it could even run at all and why someone would have rewired the truck for that EEC-V module anyway. Now I see what it is, it's M0M2 rather than MOM2. That one is EEC-IV, for a Ranger 2.3, manual trans. So it's not flashable, no EEC-IV is, the only things you can use are those that connect to the service port on that PCM like plug in chips or there have been a couple of user editable devices that plug into that port also.

Going back and looking at your original post, a mechanical fuel pressure regulator with manifold reference like that doesn't do anything other than maintain the pressure delta between the rail and manifold, so no concerns there with a camshaft change. Really need some datalogs, but I don't know if any of the aftermarket software even has anything defined for that old and obscure application. Can maybe get some basic readings with some of the generic stuff out there, might show MAF, fuel trim, and what the oxygen sensor is doing at cruise/idle anyway. I would expect problems like dying when dropping it into gear or coming back to idle after a significant enough cam change, but you're right, you didn't change it much. Have you cleaned the MAF? Ford PCMs very rarely go bad.

Last edited by kdanner; 12-27-2018 at 03:22 PM.
kdanner is offline   Reply With Quote