Old 05-27-2008, 08:55 AM   #29
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,453 Times in 541 Posts
Default Re: Roller Rockers in Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Ribeiro View Post
Jeff + SSDiv 6,

Do we really need more changes now ? I have to agree with Todd, why did we vote for Reps? If NHRA or the players are going to continue to change the rules.. Lets stop all the rule changes and give the reps a chance to do something... Lets start to do a better job of enforcing the current rules , then see if we need some changes.. Between heads, pushrods, carbs, intakes and everything else that's been changed resently, I think we need a break and step back and look at what we are doing to stock... Do we really need all those aftermarket
parts, or are trying to make things too easy ?
Dave, like I said before, I am not advocating the allowance of roller rockers. All I did was explain the reason why the request is being made by others that are experiencing rocker arm failures and the technical reasons why the rocker arms are failing. The quality of replacement parts is no longer there. With the globalization of the economy, and the manufacturing of parts overseas, we are getting inferior replacement/over the counter parts. As an example, how many good lifter companies are there left? Look at the amount of camshaft failures many are experiencing even with street use camshafts. That is the reason why I pay more for parts: I would rather pay 3 times more and get a quality Crower rod than a CAT or Eagle rod made in China.
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote