View Single Post
Old 09-29-2017, 12:07 PM   #3
pmhc

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Motorhome recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfordamx View Post
looking for input/suggestions need to know what to look for in a motorhome to pull a 28ft enclosed race trailer and 3200lb door car/ tools atv what have you. Mostly looking at diesels, i would consider a gas but for the time being, whats your opinion on cat vs cummins how much hp should we look for i'm noticing alot of tow ratings around 5000lbs which i definitly don't believe is enough. any help would be appreciated.
How much do you want to spend is the question. Don't waste your money on anything gas. Make sure the diesel is at least and no less than 450hp. I've had at least 10 motorhome's since 1988 and I have hora storied about a lot of them. If you are looking for a nice comfortable rv go with at leach 30 ft or longer diesel pusher. The Haulmark is a great puller if you get a 500hp one, and will tow all your weight. For a trailer your size and its just like my trailer I now pull with a tandum rear wheel 43ft rv because of the weight. DX3 is also a good one for the weight but a little slow because of the horse power. Any thing less you will need to buy the dolly system for 3k or your trailer will pull the *** end of the rv apart. I see this a lot.
pmhc is offline   Reply With Quote