View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 08:50 AM   #7
Dave Steltz

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Lebanon Valley Flooded

I can attest personally to what it was like there last night...we got a call from Sue Bell to come get our trailers...I got there about 10 pm...

First off coming east on 20, Nassau looking really bad, water was running thru the streets, its was kind of unreal...and several spots on 20 closer the water was running across the road and it was about 6-8 inches deep (maybe more I was afraid to look !)

When we got the to track and drove in, oooo man... We park our trailers by the concession stands in the fenced in lot, and the water was up to the top step on my RV (class A)...lots of trailers were there and dependant on where they were parked, water was up to the side doors and higher...We drove SLOWLY thru the lake and the exhaust pipes were under water and sounded like boats (funny now but not then)...We got hooked up and got outta there...It appeared that the water was rising but I wasnt sticking around to find out...

Many thanks to the crew up there...they had the big loader out pulling out trailers and RV's, and thank god they called us...

Across the street from the track, in the field where lots of RV's and Campers are parked, I saw some with water up to the windows...I really felt bad for those folks, there was no way they were getting moved last night....

Last edited by Dave Steltz; 07-30-2009 at 09:01 AM.
Dave Steltz is offline   Reply With Quote