View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 06:44 PM   #4
Rory McNeil
VIP Member

Liked 939 Times in 259 Posts
Default Re: 1985 Mustang GT help

Depending where you are, I have a bunch of correct 85 5.0 4 barrel cores parts, including cylinder heads, cabs, intakes etc and am also looking to sell my 85 LX HB Stocker, either rolling, or with a basic, low maintenance Stocker engine, that has gone a best of 12.32ET in M/Stock. I used a Jerico 4 speed in my Mustang, I tried a stock T5 the first year, ended up with 2 broken transmissions. My car has the 8.8, with aftermarket internals, and has held up well to low 10 second passes with a bracket SB Ford and the Jerico, with 4.88 gears, but I did break 2 ring & pinions when using 5.13s. I think a 5 speed would likely be quicker, but also a bunch more $$$. If you were to run the car as an N Stocker, you dont require a roll bar and harness (at least at this time), but with all the faster cars in the other lane, plus the flimsy construction of the FOX cars, a roll bar (or cage) and subframe connectors are highly recommended. Also best to stitch weld and reinforce all the rear suspension mounting points and rear crossmember area, BEFORE it gets torn up. Be sure to have the axle tubes welded to the cast center if using a 8.8.