View Single Post
Old 03-29-2024, 08:48 AM   #15
Pauley

Liked 51 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: RPM dip doing onto stop, w/ racepak graphs

if it were me i would try going on .20 shift at .70 pull rpm up to 4400. you can move the on and shift times if you like to get what you want in 60'. the shift time will typically be 2 to 1. meaning moving the shift .02 will move 60' .01. i would not get tangled up in my mph as long as it repeats and is predictable. trust me, i am not fast either but my car is relatively predictable so it doesn't matter that much to me. i will lose 3 mph in the 1/8 shifting on time vs. rpm.

make a few runs pulling the rpm up and shifting on time. see what the graph looks like and if it is consistent and exactly how much mph difference there is. if you dont like it you can always change it up. also you can move the shift time around to clean up dips and make it better.

also if you stay with rpm i would still pull the rpm up on the stop. try that and see what it looks like. i wouldnt worry about creep as long as it repeats. i had a set up one time that creeped 1000 rpm when the stop came off but it was nasty.

i agree with lenny about something on the vents to insure you are not sloshing fuel when it goes on the stop. i have a hose that runs from one vent to the other. there are 1000 ways to make a stop work. that is why you have to spend a lot of time testing and playing with things.

ep
Pauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked