Thread: IHRA for 2018
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 03:53 PM   #8
DICK FOX 580

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: IHRA for 2018

I tried for 3 years 1997-1999 by starting and running the Super Class Outlaws along with a group of very nice people, whom A I am grateful to this day. The main problem was that I could not get it to grow because people were afraid of NHRA, and there supposedly tech issues if you raced with SCO. I even contacted then Division Director Jay Hullinger, who went as far as to furnish me with ladder sheets, etc., and endorsed our series as long as we didn't conflict with there schedule. We had a points fund, year end banquet, which paid 4 places in both S/C & S/G. We had cook outs at several events, most of which were 2 days at the same track, and a great time was had by all as far as I know. We started with a yearly membership fee, which we dropped the second year, sent out a monthly news letter to participants. I guess the summary is after 3 years of trying to give racers an alternative place to race, investing in excess of $6000.00 of my own money, I was left with no choice but to pull the plug. I wish to this day that I would have succeeded, but I did not. I wish each and every one of you the very best as you continue to pursue your racing dreams. Thanks to everyone that ran with us, it was a real pleasure for me.
DICK FOX 580 is offline   Reply With Quote