View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 11:39 PM   #1
Ted Barnes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default David Surmatchewski wins TNTSS RACE OF CHAMPIONS!

David Surmatchewski wins REVS Full Throttle Powersports TNT Super Series RACE OF CHAMPIONS

Past TNTSS series champion David Surmatchewski from Oakland, Ontario took the highly coveted win in the REVS Full Throttle Powersports RACE OF CHAMPIONS - an event unique to the Joe's Transmission TNT Super Series - held last Sunday during the Labour Day weekend events at Cayuga Dragway.

Open to all previous TNTSS event winners and with no entry fee, the ROC pays $1200 to win and $400 to runner-up. Fifteen of the best sportsman drag racers in the country squared off for the money... and the bragging rights.

Surmatchewski got the competition bye in round one as the number one qualifier. In round two, he faced Pete D'Agnolo who has been on fire recently, winning everything from no box to the 2014 IHRA Super Stock Division One title. D'Agnolo earned his first TNTSS win one week ago and got himself a spot in the ROC. That's where it ended as he went .012 red to Surmatchewski's .013 green.

In the semi's, Jamie Stoneman had the tree .019 to .030 but he couldn't catch Surmatchewski who ran dead 3 to Stoneman's 7.021 - Margin of victory .007. At the same time, Marc Vezina was making his way through the other side of the ladder, taking out Gary Kerl, Ted Barnes and JJ Jablonski.

In the final both drivers away got away clean. Surmatchewski had the lead .036 to .052 and ran dead 8 while letting Vezina take the stripe to go under 6.973. "First and foremost, I can't thank my family enough! Without the love and support of my wife Alyson and daughters Marissa and Madison, and Mom and Dad, Norma and Roman Surmatchewski, this would not be worth doing," commented Dave.

"And my sponsors... Alex Schuts and Insta-Insulation for standing by me and being sponsor number one for the past six seasons. Danny Douglas at Douglas Engines Brantford for always putting me to the front of the list when I need his help and Brady Kelly and all the fine crew at UAP NAPA Brantford for their continued support over the years... Thank you all."

Surmatchewski was quick to thank REVS Full Throttle Powersports for supporting the ROC. "It's an awesome opportunity to face the best of the best in an event like this! And Joe Boniferro from Joe's Transmission... and all those who are supporting the TNTSS this year!"

"I would like to personally thank Ron McKay and Hoosier Tire Canada for the great advice on slicks." He also wanted to thank Ted Barnes for creating and being the driving force behind the TNTSS as well as administrators Nicole Jablonski & Anastazie Boniferro for their help throughout the season.

David Surmatchewski was the 2011 Joe's Transmission TNT Super Series Champion and drives a 1983 Olds Cutlass powered by a 377 small block Chevrolet making 600hp @ 8100rpm. The car has run a best of 10.19 @133 mph.

Next up on the 2014 TNTSS schedule is the season wrap-up - a double at Lancaster & Leicester, NY on September 12-13 presented by Sam LoVetro Automotive. Visit http://www.tntsuperseries.com for all the latest news on the most popular sportsman drag racing series in the country.