View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 05:33 PM   #17
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts
Talking Re: Want to loose 3200 ugly pounds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Teuton View Post
If we are going to factor them that close, then the 396's and 428's all got to get hit to slow them down for the rest of C Stock. Maybe hit the 273 in U/SA or hit about 19.8 combo's of 350 Chevys to make them run the same as the rest, and the 396/325, that got to get hit, for one thing it is way too fast for SS, Sounds like dumbing-down-America so everyone is the same. We have run a Viper for a friend on 9 inch tires @ 9.20 @ 148. Smooth as glass. The new V10 car I got @ 144 is like driving to the grocery. Any of yall ever been that fast? The title of this thread says it all. You want to get rid of most of the new cars, make new classes and let them beat each other up. No evil, no bull, no nothing else, all the cars are certified to 8.50 and you got the net, collar, etc. Where was all this factoring and evening-up before the new cars. Must have been buried in the back of the brain, or maybe the new cars are in a class where you were the dominant car. The new cars are here just like the new cars in the 60's, then the 90's. I guess if the GM cars were ahead of the goats and ovals, it would be ok with most people.
Jeff you forget one fact.FACT the old combos you mentioned didn't come into the game with such an outragously underfactored HP rating.The guys who ran those combos worked on them and got them to the point they're at now.I would think that you've been down that road for the many years you've been racig S/SS.How about it?
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote