View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 02:45 PM   #5
JohnRoderick

Liked 11 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Wild Horse Stock Full @ 3 g.p.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone View Post
First of all, I (MY) don't need to support ANY divisional races.
The owner of the car that I'm associated with works full time, for himself.He doesn't have the time to travel 3500 miles in Div 7, to get 6 g.p.'s .
3 grade points were required to enter AZ, not 6. Stop exaggerating.

In all likelihood people will withdraw.

Quote:
Not too long ago, before you were racing in Stock, apparently, the local quota was 100+.
That was a realistic number for the area. 65 is not. That is my complaint.
It is understandable, in your capacity as a racing associate, that you might be unaware of current car counts at divisional events. Spoiler...They aren't great. I raced a divisional last year, where a separate bracket race and T&T were run to increase the car count of the event. Why would the NHRA allow 100+ cars in national events if the divisional races aren’t well attended? Maybe if more people ditched their associate status and the divisional car counts increased, then we could force the NHRA's hand to increase the national quotas top where we want them. In all likelihood it probably doesn’t matter to the NHRA, but at the very least it would support local divisional tracks and keep them open. In any event, all the complaining about quotas when divisional point race participation at some local tracks is marginal just comes off as entitled whining.

Quote:
So glad that you have an abundance of time and money to attend an ever increasing amount of events . Good luck out there.
The only thing in abundance is your ignorance. You have no idea of the effort and sacrifice that I, as well as any other racer with 3 or more grade points, had to endure to get our program and grade point total to where they are. The rules for entry and quotas are well known, so I did what it took to decrease my odds of getting shut out of events.

Maybe next you will be crying that the NHRA needs a participation Wally.
JohnRoderick is offline   Reply With Quote