View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 08:53 PM   #30
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: Carolina Class Racers Association

Quote:
What would be cool to see is a combo race that could pay $5,000 or in that range to win. I know Atco had the $10,000 combo race, and I feel like this sort of race could be pulled off in this area if planned and promoted correctly.
Just my opinion, but I think we don't need to get ahead of ourselves. You need a very large number of cars and/or high entry fees in order to cover a $5K race. I think Tracy and Herb have laid good groundwork for a series -- Tracy with a nicely done graduated purse, and Herb with guaranteed minimums. There are plenty of big money races out there. Maybe it'd be something to think of down the road, but to get things rolling, I personally think that the emphasis should be on reasonable entry fees ($50-$75), a reasonable chance to earn that entry fee back, a nice trophy for the winner (Iron Tree?) and a 'kill sticker' for the winner... photos and/or video from the races, race coverage on a centralized website, with results and/or feature stories disseminated to various media outlets. Money's great, but there's a lot of things that we could do on the cheap that feed our egos.

For instance...

(Thamaira Boyle not included with trophy)

$.02,