View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 12:59 AM   #8
Mike Meier

Liked 40 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: HP Tuners help at Division 4 race

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmracing View Post
I would pull ALL of the stock wiring out of that car and install a dedicated aftermarket EFI system. I don't know about the FAST setup doing an electronic trans, but the Holley Dominator will, plus it can control a DBW throttle body.

There is a TON of stuff buried within the stock ECM/BCM that you can easily destroy your trans if you don't know what you are doing. Simply getting the engine too cold and making a pass can kill your line pressure in your trans...............

Good luck.
An aftermarket EFI will cost almost as much as the car itself, which completely goes against the point of this project (throw together a budget FWD stocker in a few weeks because the chassis shop can't get to my dragster until the summer but the bulk of Division 4's schedule is March / April).

I already have a program that should get the job done.

During my qualifying runs, someone had confirmed something from outside the car which I had started to notice while making runs; and that's the car acting like it was on a throttle stop when it launched. I floor the gas pedal, it goes to 2,000 RPM. I let off the brake, car "launches" but stays at 2,000 RPM for a couple moments. It must be traction control but I don't know how to disable it using this program. Getting to WOT quicker will help me sixty-foot better and get my reaction times out of the .100's.

Don't want $2,000 solutions or to attend SAM Tech to solve this problem. Need someone to give advice on how to fix or will even pay for someone's services to resolve this issue.
Liked