View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 01:38 PM   #27
Bill Baer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Towing with a 1/2 Suburban

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick lester View Post
Some of you have been a big help, the rest of you I didn't realize you started out as millionares to afford new toys and such. Everybody starts with a budget, unfort. mine is very low. Thanks for the "help", but I have to ask, when any of you started, did other classracers treat you this bad? Just had to ask. For now, I'm done with classracer, not f-ing worth it. Now you all can go back to crying about the CJs and DPs and COPOs.

Rick
I'm not a millionaire; I just finished eating my 3038th baloney sandwich so I can save a couple of bucks over the cost of eating at the cafeteria.
I started out with a home made tow bar and a borrowed truck to get to the track and over those last 35+ years I have continually upgraded my equipment.
But in your case I was only trying to give you the benefit of my experience and help you avoid a mistake I had made myself.(fortunately my wife liked driving the Suburban.)
Class racer is a unique public form where people can and do take “pot shots” at you while being nearly totally anonymous and yes when I purposed some things that were or are unpopular I was called everything but a : “Heterosexual “Caucasian”. So yea they can be a little rough (actually brutal)
But I continue to tolerate those who are “crying about the CJs and DPs and COPOs. Because even after all these years , I still learn some things for the decent guys on this form.
Class racer, not unlike the internet as a whole, it has a lot of good information but there’s also a lot of BS.
Hang in there after a while, you’ll learn who to listen to and who is just pounding their chest!

Last edited by Bill Baer; 05-22-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Bill Baer is offline   Reply With Quote