View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 02:44 PM   #76
Quain Stott

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Southeast Gassers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Broome View Post
You have done a great job with your program Mr. Stott. Just imagine if you allowed "real race cars" with any front end.
I'm sure you understand that the Corvette pictured could have run either Altered OR Gas, depending on which Eliminator the team chose to run.
As pictured, the Corvette shown could have run D/A in Competition Eliminator or E/G in Modified Eliminator with no changes. I expect you were unaware of the difference.
Unlike SEGA, NHRA never made straight axles a requirement for participation.
I was working with someone who wanted to build a Thunderbolt for your Super Stock class but cannot comply with your continuously arbitrary suspension rules.
Like you inferred.....You Don't Need Them Anyway!
Tom your right it's doing pretty good like it is. as a matter of fact we just shattered another spectator attendance record April 14th at our season opener. I just pic one of your comments to address because I'm running a little behind today. The reason we require a straight axle is because a man would be a fool to have a straight axle if it was nor required. The SEGA races first to the finish line wins so the real racers that are involved would be looking for every advantage possible so a straight axle would not be the first choice in the performance area. Same as the manual trans rule, what dummy would be racing a manual of the automatic was an option.
Yea I do know the difference in the classes I built and ran gas, modified and Super stock in the 1970's through the 80's.
When racing becomes first to the finish line wins a lot has to change in the rule book. Other gasser type deals don't even have one full page of rules and we have 27 pages.
Hope this helps you to understand the SEGA a little better and i'm always here to answer questions so please ask anytime.
Quain Stott is offline   Reply With Quote