View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 02:48 PM   #11
HandOverFist
VIP Member

Liked 33 Times in 16 Posts
Default Re: Dry Ice in your fuel cell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Parker View Post
Rich I would image there would be a big temp difference between cooling the fuel at your pits and putting dry ice into the tank. I haven't raced much in the last several years but a 2 years ago I was at Indy and the stocker parked next to me was playing with dry ice. I had to laugh because it was at least 100 out and they had gloves on. They were new to the stocker game and had a newer car. They must have thought I had no clue as to what they were doing. I walked over into their pit area and they reached into their cooler as to pull out a cold beer out. I forgot what I said exactly but it was something like dry ice will keep your beer real cold. LOL Although I have heard of a few West Coast teams playing with it at Indy these guys were from my Div. Division 1.
Oh, I know there would be a difference...was just saying there would likely be a difference between un-cooled fuel vs fuel that had been cooled then introduced in the pits before a run. I used to be one of those geeksters that dabbled in computer overclocking...dry ice does well, but I prefer my LN2.