View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 09:50 PM   #9
Joey Bohannon

Liked 61 Times in 21 Posts
Default Re: Jones Head - Racers Only

Joe Bohannon
Super Stock/JA 3678

While I think it's great that people are putting in the time and effort to better the parts that are available for us to buy and race, I don't feel like they should be superior in design to the ones that are already available. That is the job of the engine builder and cylinder head Porter. For a competitor and competitive engine builder to have the ultimate control of the castings in my opinion is a bad idea. There are too many variables that can be adjusted that would make one head better than another with little ability to tell with the naked eye. Port design, valve angle, valve placement, wall thickness, all come to mind and all could be adjusted. While I'm sure Mr. Jones has a fortune tied up in this I really feel as though it would be bad for the direction of the class, not only for the other brands that these parts have to compete against but also for the individuals running similar combinations. I really wish that this could have been a discussion prior to anyone spending the amount of money that this man did as I personally would rather not see them in the class. We already have available options, why do we need more unless they are designed to supersede an existing product. I will say this, there are few people in the sport right now that's working as hard as this man is working, and he will find new ways to be fast regardless of how this turns out. Thanks for the motivation.
Joey Bohannon is offline   Reply With Quote