View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 01:00 AM   #21
Jeff Lee
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: ceramic bearings

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy wilson View Post
OK, now that we established this thread, the reason I started it was because a very well known, and successful comp racer told me he spent $ 20,000 on ceramic and never gained a thing. And I know he was trying to help, not lead us astray. What say everyone now. He said don't waste ur time or money.
Then if he said it was so, follow his advice, don't make your own decisions and don't waste your money.
The internet is full of experts.

By the way, did you read what I posted about the little road racer decreasing his lap times by EIGHT seconds with only a full treatment of a ceramic COATING on wheel bearings, transmission components and rear end components? Do you realize how much money it would cost in engine R&D to reduce lap times by 8 second on a road course? That's probably like you gaining a half-second in your drag car.
Have you gone to the Performance Bearing website? You'll find there are many grades of ceramic bearings. When a guy tells me he spent $20K on bearings, it doesn't always mean he spent the money on the best parts. Maybe he did though, I don't know. But I know this for a fact. I've seen guys spend boo-koo bucks on trick parts and still it takes three or four guys to push the car in the staging lanes. All the trick parts in the world won't fix that problem. The real problem must be addressed before looking at any "trick" parts.
Personally, I could care less what John Force or Warren Johnson has to say about a parts merits. I do my own thinking and roll my own dice.

Last edited by Jeff Lee; 10-20-2011 at 01:20 AM.
Jeff Lee is offline   Reply With Quote