George Wright

Liked 346 Times in 31 Posts
Default Re: 96 Mustang FGT/G

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRETV View Post
Factory K member? What did you have to modify? Thanks

Bret Velde
2003 ??
Both this car and my 82 Mustang which also has a Coyote engine have factory K members. The middle cross member was cut out and replaced with tubing on each car. I also had to clearance the k-members in some areas. I will search through my photos and see if I have any pictures of the K members. Once the engine is in, it is very difficult to see the K member from the top. I did my 82 mustang back in 2011 and had to build my own headers. When I did the 96 Mustang we got a set of American Racing Headers. I believe that the American Racing Headers were designed for an after market tubular K member, but I was able to fit them on the 96. The only modification I need to do was to redo the bend that went over the starter pocket on the cylinder 1 tube. This tube would fit a stick shift bell housing or a stock c4 case, but I have an SFI C4 bell housing on the 96 that is very thick.

Here is a picture of my 82 Mustang GT that also has a 5.0 Coyote. I am in the process of putting a G-Force clutch-less 5 speed in the 82. I have plans for one of our guys to race the 82 at some NHRA opens or points meets later this year.

This photo was taken at a CobraJet test session at Milan Dragway back in late 2012.