View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 08:37 AM   #16
HP HUNTER

Liked 238 Times in 97 Posts
Default Re: gear or converter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slwryde View Post
I used to run a 1.82 first gear, it was worth a few numbers but I was afraid I would break it eventually. My carb is an older style 850, I have tried a smaller carb 750 holley hp. It seemed more responsive but the et's and 60's did not change. I never thought of going larger than 850 but it would be worth a try.

The converter is from Chance. I told Marty about the hesitation to reach full stall and he suggested adjusting the timing. I never weighed it empty. What should I be looking for there? Thank you for the help.
I cant stress enough the importance of a good converter, I believe this is where your problem originates from, get with the right people on this, Ultimate, or ATI. In my opinion theres only one core to use when building an 8 inch converter, ATI went out and made a copy of it, that should tell you something. "The converter is from Chance. I told Marty about the hesitation to reach full stall and he suggested adjusting the timing." This sounds like something Jim Hughes would tell one of his customers. LOL

Last edited by HP HUNTER; 04-17-2012 at 08:41 AM.
HP HUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote