View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 09:26 PM   #26
Bob Mendenhall

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: crew chief pro or ifamily

I had been using the Crew Chief Pro 6 for several years but when the new Pro 7.1 became available I upgraded to the newer version. Our first event using the 7.1 was at the SoCal Super Comp event at Fontana on June 26. Up until that event we had never raced the new car in Super Comp so I expected that we would have a rough weekend. The first "time" run was a wasted run, for reasons only the driver knows for certain the engine shut off as he was leaving the starting line. One down and only one more time run to qualify. The second run was based off our Super Gas numbers, that run produced a 8.959. From there I was able to get a grip on the timer tune-up and ran a 8.918 (I was trying to run a "Safe" mid 8.91. Our subsequent runs were:

8.924 (We lost that round by .005 trying to tighten up the race at the stripe, ie. a slight Pilot Failure)

The following weekend we went back to Fontana to run the SoCal ProGas race. Based off the Super Comp set up we qualified with a 9.901 using the Pro 7.1.

Bottom line is that the Crew Chief Pro7.1 is the best piece of equipment in our racing program. I'm not familiar with iFAMILY Software, I have never heard of them. That's not to say anything bad about them, I just never encountered anyone who has used their program. Nearly everyone that races out here, (Southern California), uses the Crew Chief Programs. Don's program and service, coupled with our AltaLab Trailer Station, is all I need. The results from the past two events is enough proof for me.

Again, my comments are not intended to make disparaging remarks about other software programs or Weather / Trailer Stations, just to say that what we have REALLY works.

Bob Mendenhall