View Single Post
Old 03-06-2023, 04:25 PM   #10
BigBlockBill

Liked 97 Times in 31 Posts
Default Re: question about starting a stocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Petrie E395 View Post
I stripped my 200,000 mile eBay car I started with inside and out. Cleaned it up as best as possible. Then removed all the allowed stuff, trimmed rear wheel openings as allowed for bigger tires ect. . But the only thing that got painted was the engine compartment and suspension stuff. I then put it back together and raced it a couple of times cracked bondo, dents, 20 year old scratched up paint and all. Not sure if it would have ever got painted. But some local HS kids needed a project for their auto body class. So I paid for the materials and they did all the work. It’s not a world of wheels car show paint job. But looks a lot better than it did. If you’re lucky enough to have a HS that still teaches auto shop/auto body. And you HATE body work and sanding as much as I do. I highly recommend asking them if they need a project.
The other positive about doing it through the local HS is stiring kids interest in auto racing. If you let the school know where and when you will be racing I bet you could get several of the little grease puppies walking through the pits and sitting on the stands as well.
BigBlockBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked