View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 05:08 PM   #136
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts
Default Re: Fuel injection? Open or Closed loop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrel Goheen View Post
Thanks Ed. I'm still at it and making small improvements. I picked my Camaro up .13 at the Denver divisional test and tune by taking more fuel out of it. Next race was Denver national and I lost a tenth. Next race at home was a tenth slow. Then the trans started pumping large amounts of fluid out of the pump. Bushing was out. Discovered a forward clutch fiber plate was broken and three plates burnt. Picked up .12 at race last weekend after fixing trans. I'm at 13.2 AFR at WOT now. Going to try 13.0 at 6500 rpm and up next weekend. I'm a little concerned about the forward clutch in trans (200). The clutches I ordered were thicker than what I had. It had 5 fibers in it before and had to take one out to get the new clutches in. Anyone else having any luck with 4 clutches in the forward clutch pack or should I get the thinner plates and tear it down again?
If you do it in Speed Density mode, and only alter the V.E. Table cells the logger shows it to be using, next time you go to Denver you should not have to touch it. It will use a different part of the V.E. table at Denver than "down here".