View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #125
Ben Kallies

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Help!! Engine Miss

Well, this is coming about 2 months too late, but I’m proud to say that I finally got this problem licked. As a last ditch effort, I decided to buy an adapter, bolted on a 780 Holley, and presto!......the car ran great. Next step, called Dean Oliver. He sent me the same spare Quadrajet carb that he sent me last year. Bolted it on, and again, the car ran great. Those of you who have been following this thread closely are probably wondering what changed between this year and last, right? Well, last year, I never actually took the car out and drove it with the carb that Deano had sent.(insert video of hand smacking forehead). Instead, I relied on my perception of how the car felt when revving it up. If you go back and read, I noted that the car seemed to run better, but for some reason, I decided that the problem still existed. You can chalk that one up to inexperience.

So, I sent the carb back to Deano, and he took care of the rest. THANKS DEAN!

I've had the car out three times now since July, and I must say that it sure feels good to finally be out racing again after 5 years.

A final huge THANK YOU to everyone who offered up their time, experience, ideas, and support. And thank you to Ken Miele for making this forum available to rookies like me who can use a helping hand from time to time. God willing, I look forward to meeting some of you at the races in the coming years.

Best Regards,

Ben Kallies
B/S 3869
Ben Kallies is offline   Reply With Quote